Monday, August 22, 2011
This post can be taken however you want. Whether it’s about work, life, fitness, etc.. I think you can read it and still come out feeling like you will be successful! Here are a few traits you should have to reach your goals:
- Optimism. People who have achieved success in life tend to be optimistic. They are far more likely to be heard talking about solutions than problems. Don’t always think you can’t run a marathon, or you will never lose 20lbs, or beat your oponent. Be positive!
- Passionate. Successful people look forward to doing whatever it is that they do. While they’re excited about weekends with the family or vacations away, they aren’t the ones dreading Monday morning. We here at Cal Coast love what we do and hope our energy passes on to you all!
- Persistent. Those who have found true success have done so through persistence and tenacity. Successful people don’t have fewer obstacles than those who have not experienced success. Take each day and trail and error as a learning process!
- Flexible. Being able to change course when necessary contributes to success in big ways. While successful people follow plans, they know that the unexpected will arise.
- Educated. This isn’t exactly a personality trait, and it doesn’t have anything to do with schooling. The personality trait that relates to education is a thirst for learning. Look at any success story, from Walmart founder Sam Walton, who didn’t even finish high school, to LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman, who has degrees from Stanford and Oxford, and you’ll find someone who is committed to lifelong learning and improving him or herself. Successful people are educated in their areas of passion, even if they aren’t “book smart.” Ask how we can help. Let us help you learn and know your body. We can give you the tools to reach your goal.
- Focused. People who have experienced success in their business and personal lives have done so in part because they’ve been focused on success. But more importantly, they’re focused on the long-term. Set small goals and long term goals. It will actually help you attain them quicker!
- Altruistic. Contrary to the stories of greed and gluttony you sometimes hear about in the corporate world, politics, and elsewhere, truly successful people tend to be unselfish and often philanthropic. Many of the most successful people in the world, both financially and personally, have found their true passions in helping and giving, more than in selfish pursuits. That is how we feel at Cal Coast. We just want to help you!
“Whatever you can dream you can do, begin it; boldness has genius, power, and magic in it” -Goethe
Everything I need to be successful iis already with me.